Return to News Item List

Indefinite Leave to Remain

News Item

From April 3rd 2006, holders of work permits and other employment based categories are no longer able to claim indefinite leave to remain on completing 4 years in the UK in the category, but will have to complete 5 years. If your stay expires before you complete the 5 years, you (and your employer) will need to apply to extend your stay and employment.